Scholarship Awards Information
The Board of the Western New York Safety Conference is offering two scholarships of up to $1,500 to selected qualified high school.
Applicants are required to be:
• At least High school senior level attending college in the fall of 2020
• Western New York residents (Allegany, Cattaraugus, Chautauqua, Erie, Genessee, Livingston, Monroe, Niagara, Orleans, and Wyoming Counties)
Applicants are required to submit by February 21, 2020:
• A completed application
• A typed essay of at least 400-500 words
• Certification of grade point average
• At least one letter of recommendation
The essay must reflect your understanding of the importance of occupational safety and health to include:
• Briefly describe your background and how safety and health has impacted you. Include safety and health programs in which you participate(ed), and
• The far-reaching impact laws and standards protecting workers have had on society, and
• The role and impact of safety and health on you in your chosen career path.
There are three ways to apply.
1. Download the Application Here and mail to:
Western New York Safety Conference,Inc. Post Office Box 207
Amherst, New York 14226
APPLICATIONS POST MARKED or TIME STAMPED AFTER February 21st WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
2. Email the completed application in PDF to email@example.com